Friday, September 16, 2011

Ocean is Theory Show Pics

Here are a few photos I took of Ocean Is Theory at The End, a small local indie dive. I think they have a gritty, intense look about them. I thought black and white was fitting for this set; it just gave a better feel to me than color.

Matt Horvath Photography

Matt Horvath Photography

Matt Horvath Photography

Matt Horvath Photography

Matt Horvath Photography

Technical Notes:
The End was dark. Real dark. Camera setting-wise, I was really pushing it. I shot with my 85mm 1.8 opened up all the way, and most of the photos were shot ISO 6400. I'm comfortable shooting that f-stop, but I would have preferred a smaller ISO for less noisy photos. But I couldn't back off my shutter speed (around 200-400) without sacrificing sharpness. So, I worked with what I had, and don't regret it. Even if the conditions are less than ideal, you can still make decent photos. It's more about artistic vision than technical settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment