Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mountains

In the fall of last year, I took a trip with my mom's side of the family to North Carolina. We stayed at this little place in the mountains called the Hemlock Inn, and though the living quarters were, shall we say, 'rustic,' we still had a great time. And the location was perfect for hiking, being outdoors, and just enjoying the scenery.

The most storied part of the weekend was actually getting to the Hemlock Inn, though. Going there, me and my girlfriend ended up on Highway 129 aka the Tail of the Dragon, a notably curvy road treasured by bikers everywhere, driving an old truck on a very dark night in heavy fog and rain. It was kind of crazy. We had to go the same way back, but at least it was sunny.

One of the days I was there, we hiked Clingman's Dome, which offers a great view of the Smokies:

No comments:

Post a Comment